Thursday, September 2, 2010

Professional transitions

I'm pleased to announce that my wife Kheresa Harmon has accepted the offer of the position of Director of Admissions for the Gardner-Webb University School of Divinity in Boiling Springs, North Carolina and will officially begin her duties September 20. Accordingly I have resigned as Associate Professor of Divinity at Samford University's Beeson Divinity School (Birmingham, Alabama). This academic year I am teaching Christian Theology 1 and 2 adjunctively for the School of Divinity at Gardner-Webb and will continue working on a number of writing projects and serving as Book Review Editor for Perspectives in Religious Studies, a journal published by the National Association of Baptist Professors of Religion--along with enjoying the company of our four-year-old son in the last year before he starts to kindergarten.

Kheresa previously served as Director of Admissions and Coordinator of Financial Aid at Campbell University Divinity School in Buies Creek, North Carolina from 2000 until 2007, after serving at CUDS as Admissions Assistant 1999-2000 and graduate assistant in the Office of Admissions and Student Services 1997-1999. CUDS was where I taught Christian Theology from 1998 until 2008. We are thrilled to be blessed with this opportunity to resume our shared callings and professional life in graduate/professional theological education together in the same institution once again and to be able to do so in association with the expressions of Baptist ecclesial life that belong to the constituency Gardner-Webb University serves.

5 comments:

  1. Congrats to both of you. I'm teaching an online introduction to OT class for the undergraduate religion program at GWU right now. Perhaps I'll see you around Boiling Springs during homecoming weekend next month.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! I had overlooked this link, and not realized the significance of your word "moving" until I caught Kheresa's post.
    I know Kheresa in particular will be glad to be closer to home, and you know that a very warm and heart-felt welcome awaits your arrival!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Many congratulations Steve. I hope the transition to new locations and new patterns of life go well for you all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How exciting! Perhaps I'll stop through Shelby / Boiling Springs on my way to see my family Asheville sometime to have lunch and catch up. My mother loved being a student at Gardner-Webb and they are blessed to have you there.

    Blessing,

    Andrew

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Congratulations Steve. I know it is a tremendous loss for Samford, but a great gain for the Harmon family!

    ReplyDelete